Students can get course credit for research by enrolling in COGS 160 or [HDP, LING, PSYC] 199. Permission is required.
- Sophomore or higher standing, majoring in BIPN, Cognitive Science, Human Development, Linguistics or Psychology.
- 3.3 + GPA
- At least two upper-division courses on neuroscience, cognitive science, human development, and/or psycholinguistics
- Experience interacting with infants and/or children (strongly preferred)
- Excellent work ethic, dedication, and desire to contribute to science
- 3-quarter commitment to the lab (4 credit hours/quarter) or 300+ hours
- Attend project meetings and journal club
- Complete final paper and presentation every quarter
- Complete research ethics training on the CITI website
- Provide evidence of a clean TB test and a non-criminal background check
Some projects require reliable transportation, but most do not.
To Apply or Request More Information:
If you meet the requirements above, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brief summary of research interests: Why do you want to become a student research assistant?
- Copy of your transcript (unofficial is fine)
- Class schedule
- Available days and times for an informational meeting and interview